Future Schedules

Bobcat1

Good move, we get a national tv game and then a nationally televised Presidential debate four days later.

I’d venture to guess it was moved so as to not interfere with preparations for the Presidential debate itself. Advance prep by the Secret Service takes 4-5 days for road closures, drainage sealing, tree trimming, etc etc etc, in addition to the two week preplanning of HVTs in the area (a lot of deep seeded hate for POTUS in Central Texas).

carmanjello325

if we are on anything less than the uno this was a disastrous move. that includes the dos tres and ocho. i can already see it there will be a weather delay circa fsu 2015 and well be thrown on the espn news alt

Mittens

I hate it. Screw getting a nationally televised game. This would’ve been a great weekend game with a full house.

Even if a lot of students show up, it’s not going to look as good with a lot of alumni likely not being able to make it to the game.

Bobcats2011

I hate it. Screw getting a nationally televised game. This would’ve been a great weekend game with a full house.

Even if a lot of students show up, it’s not going to look as good with a lot of alumni likely not being able to make it to the game.
I agree. Hopefully alums that know they aren’t going to make it can sell tickets to local alumn and get buts in seats

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I’d venture to guess it was moved so as to not interfere with preparations for the Presidential debate itself. Advance prep by the Secret Service takes 4-5 days for road closures, drainage sealing, tree trimming, etc etc etc, in addition to the two week preplanning of HVTs in the area (a lot of deep seeded hate for POTUS in Central Texas).

Only other game currently scheduled for the 12th is Northwestern State @ South Alabama, so have to believe we will be on the flagship unless they move more games.

atxman

College football should be played on Saturdays as God intended. I’m 99% sure it’s in the Bible — something about honoring the Sabbath by getting all your weekend drinking and hellraising done at the stadium on Saturday. I’m a perennial complainer to my friends about how TV networks are wrecking so much of what I love about college footballl, so I sure hate this move. That was either a sellout or damn close to it on a Saturday. [*shaking fist at the clouds*]

Bobcat1

I’ll see your skepticism my Canadian friend….

And I’ll raise you a Presidential motorcade (we will have two in town since Trump is a former POTUS also):

KD is likely right, but regardless….the game being moved from Saturday to Thursday gives secret service and local police an easier time with security. In case anyone is interested in the behind the scenes stuff…this is a mind blowing documentary on things we never even see (I’ve been privy to three presidential motorcades and one Marine One liftoff in person in my lifetime to date, that’s why I ❤ them so much). 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Last edited:

Simbo0722

College football should be played on Saturdays as God intended. I’m 99% sure it’s in the Bible — something about honoring the Sabbath by getting all your weekend drinking and hellraising done at the stadium on Saturday. I’m a perennial complainer to my friends about how TV networks are wrecking so much of what I love about college footballl, so I sure hate this move. That was either a sellout or damn close to it on a Saturday. [*shaking fist at the clouds*]
You must be too young to remember the havoc we used to cause on Thursday nights at the (SWT civic center 100 keg parties, 1 cent beer night that grew to 10 cent beer night at Germinos, Jeremiah's 3 for 1 happy hour not to leave out the Showdown, Animal house and Long branch saloon...) Be assured if the goal is to have a good time and attend a nationally televised football game on a Thursday night I bet the Cats faithful can arise to the occasion and pack the WAC, and still attend classes on Friday after sending the PAC oops Big 12 Devils home.

franslasttwinkie

They need to get a hype video going to promote the ASU game now. It definitely needs a Charlie Daniels tune to it. “Devil came down to Texas, was looking for a soul to steal in the 666. I told you once you son of a bitch Boko is the best there has ever been”.

We need BCS to be the house of the Rising Sun but I don’t know if we get the tridents out for this one or not they may too closely remember a Sun Devil pitch fork. They could have a lot of fun with the fan base in this one.

Bobcat1

You must be too young to remember the havoc we used to cause on Thursday nights at the (SWT civic center 100 keg parties, 1 cent beer night that grew to 10 cent beer night at Germinos, Jeremiah's 3 for 1 happy hour not to leave out the Showdown, Animal house and Long branch saloon...) Be assured if the goal is to have a good time and attend a nationally televised football game on a Thursday night I bet the Cats faithful can arise to the occasion and pack the WAC, and still attend classes on Friday after sending the PAC oops Big 12 Devils home.
Vast majority of students don’t do Friday classes anymore, attendance from them shouldn’t be an issue if we take care of business the first two games. Particularly week two.