M&G Collective, LLC - Urgent NIL

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Edit: now that the link is live. Here is the link to subscribe.

So, we have this thread on the general forum.

However, I'm creating a thread here in the football forum for a few reasons.

One, for visibility. I've been told a lot of people still go straight to the football forum and might have missed the one in general. (old Bobcat Fans habits die hard)

Two, I've been in communication with a few people today and it's come to my attention that we have an urgent need to grow our NIL commitment if we want to keep some of our best players.

Players like Finley and Mahdi can now get high 5 figure and low 6 figure NIL deals by portalling out. However, there seems to be several people around the department that think we can keep them by committing to them through NIL.

We are about ready to officially roll out the M&G Collective and will need the support of our forum members and additional fans to have success.

Our plan is to offer a subscription style contribution that will provide a monthly pool of discretionary money to sign NIL contracts with our players. Obviously there are overhead costs associated with running any company, but our goal is to funnel as much money into these contracts as possible while also being extremely transparent.

We should have everything in place later today, but if we can show these players that we are committed to keeping them at TXST, I think we can retain them.

I know we raised over $10K through the forum for the end zone complex earlier this year, can we do it again to keep this success going?

Last edited:

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
So, we have this thread on the general forum.

However, I'm creating a thread here in the football forum for a few reasons.

One, for visibility. I've been told a lot of people still go straight to the football forum and might have missed the one in general. (old Bobcat Fans habits die hard)

Two, I've been in communication with a few people today and it's come to my attention that we have an urgent need to grow our NIL commitment if we want to keep some of our best players.

Players like Finley and Mahdi can now get high 5 figure and low 6 figure NIL deals by portalling out. However, there seems to be several people around the department that think we can keep them by committing to them through NIL.

We are about ready to officially roll out the M&G Collective and will need the support of our forum members and additional fans to have success.

Our plan is to offer a subscription style contribution that will provide a monthly pool of discretionary money to sign NIL contracts with our players. Obviously there are overhead costs associated with running any company, but our goal is to funnel as much money into these contracts as possible while also being extremely transparent.

We should have everything in place later today, but if we can show these players that we are committed to keeping them at TXST, I think we can retain them.

I know we raised over $10K through the forum for the end zone complex earlier this year, can we do it again to keep this success going?
Thanks for stepping up!! I'm in.

txphi592

M&G Gift Planner/Donor
M&G Collective Member
This is a pretty critical moment for TXST football and our ability to step up over the coming days/weeks will likely determine if we can hold on to our starting QB/RB for 2024. Thank you to Justin for getting this going.

Count me in!

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Alright! Need y'all's help!

We are up and running, but trying to figure out the levels and benefits offered at each level before officially releasing the site. Some of this stuff we are changing to TBD due to needing to work with the athletic department before officially releasing it.

Our main concern is with how many people will be contributing at each level. If it's only a few people at the higher levels, it'll be easier to manage things like t shirts, trading cards, autographed memorabilia, etc. If we get a ton of traction on this and get a ton of members at the higher levels, it'll be too difficult to manage some of these benefits at the lower levels.

For those planning to join, what levels are y'all considering?6234

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I’d be on the lower end. Will we know what players are getting the funds and how much they are getting? Do the payments start in May after the final portal closes? Do they only get paid Aug-Dec? Will payments start before the portal opens at the end of spring where we could run the risk of paying a player(s) yet they still enter the portal?

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Will we know what players are getting the funds and how much they are getting?
Hard to say. We're going to focus on key players in football for now. How much we offer them is very dependent on how much we bring in too. We will definitely be showing updates on how much is being brought in though.
Do the payments start in May after the final portal closes? Do they only get paid Aug-Dec? Will payments start before the portal opens at the end of spring where we could run the risk of paying a player(s) yet they still enter the portal?
All of this will be built into the contracts via deliverables. I've heard of some collectives doing a lump sum up front and then payments each month based on deliverables. If they leave and can't complete whatever the deliverable is, they don't get the monthly payment. To answer your question though, yes contact timelines will likely be based on season timelines.

Mittens

Is this going into perpetuity or are we supposed to re-up every season? I see the note about autographed items from sponsored student athletes. Is the collective designating which athlete/s are getting supported here or do donors have a say?

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Is this going into perpetuity or are we supposed to re-up every season? I see the note about autographed items from sponsored student athletes. Is the collective designating which athlete/s are getting supported here or do donors have a say?
It's set up to continue until you wish to cancel. As for the selection of athletes, right now it'll be decided by the committee. Initially, we're going to be looking at the key players though. I know some other collectives have offered the option to select which athlete the money goes to at higher subscription levels. We may implement that in the future.