M&G Collective, LLC - Urgent NIL

B

Bakertxst04

For now, I won't be able to contribute much since I'm juggling two college tuitions on top of normal finances.

Once we're out of school, I think the $50/month tier would be doable, but that's not going to be for another 1.5-2 years.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
I'm aiming for Strahan.

I typed this up to post after the official announcement is made. It might clear up some questions people have.
-----

We're pushing a soft-launch a little earlier than planned to get ahead of the portal. More details will be coming soon regarding our membership perks, etc.

However, I wanted to address some questions that have been brought to my attention since we began hinting about an M&G collective.

1. This collective will be run by Bobcats, for Bobcats.

2. Transparency is important to us. The M&G collective will be overseen and run by a board consisting of multiple Bobcat business owners and Bobcat professionals from banking, legal, financial planning backgrounds. Some of whom are former Bobcat athletes themselves.

This we hope will give you confidence that your investment will not just be utilized with careful oversight, but that it will be used optimally for the purposes that you intended.

3. This will not be a source of revenue for @GoldenTXST and it is not a for-profit endeavor (for us). Nor will it ever be. There WILL be overhead costs to running a collective and funding membership benefits, etc., but all profits after expenses will go to the sponsored student athletes.

4. The Maroon & Golden site will host information on the collective, but the collective itself will be run separately from it.

(The forum/news site does not currently generate revenue. If or when we ever do, that funding will come from other sources. (Site advertising, sponsors, etc.))
We are officially live!!!!

M&G NIL

I just wanted to echo some of the things Josh mentioned in this post.

This idea has been in the works for some time now. We have wanted to create a NIL dating back to when NIL first passed. A lot of confusion surrounding what NIL was and the compliance that goes into it held us up for a while. Not to mention the buy in from our fans wasn't there.

What we are doing with this new collective is very different than anything being done at TXST right now. We see this as a collective that gives the average fan a way to make a difference for the Bobcats in the new college football landscape that was created by NIL. If TXST can't compete with larger and peer programs when it comes to NIL, we WILL get left behind.

Like Josh said, this is a collective for Bobcats run by Bobcats.

We plan on being as transparent as possible. The board we are assembling, while not complete or concrete yet, will be comprised of leaders in the Bobcat community. Many fans will recognize some of the names and people that will be part of the board.

Once again, this will not be a source of revenue for the forum/website or for any of the board members involved. We are all doing this out of our fandom for TXST. Every dime that is brought in, minus expenses for running the site or providing some of the benefits, will go directly to the student athlete.

Finally, some of you may have already noticed, but the forum for the M&G Collective has been added to the list of sub forums on this site. This is where we will share insider information pertaining to the student athletes that are contracted. We also plan on having the athlete post in this forum from time to time. By subscribing to the collective, you will be given access to the new private forum. This forum will be heavily modded, so be mindful of that.

My hope is that with this new NIL, we are able to bring awareness to our fanbase on how important NIL is to college football now and how important a role this can play in TXST's success moving forward.

Be on the lookout for additional announcements in the next day or so regarding giveaways for the first group of people who sign up as well.

Mittens

So.....who is getting the money?
@Josh had said that the “to be named” committee members would be picking which athletes get the money. I do not think I have seen who is on the committee and will be making the sole decision on who gets the NIL money though.

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
I am very interested in contributing. I think before any solid pledges are made there needs to be more information on the governing board of the collective, the selection/distribution of funds to student athletes, and the mission/intent of the collective. Everything is broad strokes right now, I understand why as it is a new effort. The who, what, and why are critical.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
I am very interested in contributing. I think before any solid pledges are made there needs to be more information on the governing board of the collective, the selection/distribution of funds to student athletes, and the mission/intent of the collective. Everything is broad strokes right now, I understand why as it is a new effort. The who, what, and why are critical.
That's a valid concern, and I understand completely. We'll try and get that ironed out as quickly as we can.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Who/what is holding the money today?
Stripe is the processing system we're using. First Lockhart National Bank is the bank we're using. The money that has been processed so far is currently in the stripe account. It will be payed out to the bank on the 8th.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Initial board members will be me, @Josh, @Richard, @txphi592, and BigThadd(Thaddeus Watkins). We're still confirming with a couple others at the moment.

The main goal here though is to be competitive with the new college landscape. NIL is going to be important for many reasons moving forward. It's going to play a roll in attracting and retaining talent.

We want this to be something for the fans, by the fans. This is more of a grassroots effort to fund NIL so TXST can compete with peer programs. It's subscription based so more fans can get involved. Sure, there are some that can afford to give large lump sums of money, but not everyone can. This model allows average fans to get involved too.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I echo these sentiments. I know it’s a ton a work but bylaws need to be published..

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Paid. You guys need to put the link in the OP and pin the thread to the top of the Football and General Talk boards, at least, if not every board. Not going to get donors with the thread dropping out of sight.

cyan

I noticed that there was a soft launch, I feel like this should be really really pushed. Hopefully the administration can help out w something (I’m particularly interested with the QR code idea)