M&G Collective, LLC - Urgent NIL

TXST04

Wild that UTSA is getting 3x as much.
I wonder if those figures include several corporate donors that may inflate those numbers.
Notably April Ancira - living off daddy's auto dealerships/ventures.
I recall seeing on the news that Harvey Najim recently gave them $7 mil... which is interesting since he graduated with a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wichita in 1964 then later served in the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps and as an active-duty second lieutenant. His ties to sa are likely the only reason for the investment.

stallionjockey

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Bobcat Club seems to always struggle. But I’m not sure why…they do a decent job of outreach now, socials are active, I see them everywhere at games…just don’t get it. I will say that the Pavillon has gotten so crowded it’s outgrown its space. It’s a pain in there on non 72 degree game days….

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
We lost a ton during the dark days of Teis and Trauth.

Not sure we've done anything to try to win back those that left. It's all business as usually. I don't expect them to ever come out and say it, but need to figure out a way to bring those dollars back.

We also have a ton of alumni that don't pay attention to us at all. That's always been the case, but they need to find a way to reach those Bobcats too.

Neither of those are easy tasks though. It is nice to finally see us attempting to capitalize on the many small donor method vs a few big donor method. We have a ton of alumni and if we can get more of them to donate, we'll be in good shape even if they're donating a small amount.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
They need to go back to having the members recruit, and benefit from that recruitment. They had a system put together around 2012-14, and it was ok but it wasn't great, and they abandoned it instead of tweaking it.

B

Bakertxst04

Bun/Larry would say look there's 8 SBC teams behind us and not even mention the 5 above us. Then would proceed to include SHSU, SFA and then..Tarleton.
There were times I felt like T&T thought we were still in the SLC.

But to further expand on LTK's point, we went about eight years without really reaching out to alumni and the community and that put us behind many of our peers institutions.

I'm glad that KD and Don are working hard to repair those ties to the program. While we can't change what T&T did, I'm glad we're heading in the right direction finally.