M&G Collective, LLC - Urgent NIL

txphi592

M&G Gift Planner/Donor
M&G Collective Member
We've got a lot going on right now. Between signing players, working on marketing, planning events, designing merch, etc. there's a lot get excited for. More to come soon.
If any tech/marketing savvy Bobcat fans want to put in some sweat equity, let us know! The pay sucks (free) but having a direct impact on the quality of the football program...priceless!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Hey everyone. If you haven't noticed already, we have a couple of new social media accounts dedicated to the collective. We'd appreciate it if y'all would give them a follow.
Twitter & IG both are: @golden_NIL_

We especially need twitter/x support because it will be a little more challenging to build a following on that platform.

IG post to make it easier for y'all to find:
http://instagr.am/p/C4gzMdNOCTV/

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Is this hosted by M&G?
What do you mean?

The collective is being run separately from the forum (at least financially), but Justin Richard and I do represent half (3 of 6) of the board makeup. Maroon & Golden is hosting the collective website for now, until we get a standalone site built.

If you mean Kinne's tournament, then no. We're not hosting that but we're going to have someone there to pitch the collective to attendees. I was just posting a recent tweet so that people could click through and find the new account quicker.

BiggThadd

Just wanted to say thank you to those of you who have already signed up and join the collective! We really appreciate the support.

we do need help growing the social media pages on Twitter/X and Instagram.

@golden_nil_

were using the hashtags #GoldenEra and #GoldenAthlete

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure we're publicizing the exact dollar amount. I'll have to get back to you on that. I can say that we worked out a first month signing account and a monthly after that pending certain deliverables. All deliverables are based on the benefit levels for members. We also worked in a way to amend the contract if needed. As we grow, we expect to be able to do bigger deals and add more players.

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
My thoughts exactly. How can buy-in be achieved when this whole thing has been slapped together without the feedback of the stakeholders (aside from the hashtag). It’s a COLLECTIVE, Webster’s dictionary should illuminate why I put it in caps. The governing board, mission, publication of financial distributions, etc.. should’ve all been hashed out amongst the entirety of the potential collective community on the forum, TEAMs meetings, etc. the governing board should have also been solicited for and voted on. The whole thing is a log jam right now and I’m not chunking my money at something because someone on twitter boosts posts. I would rather go with Victory Star for now until this gets better.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry you feel that way.

The goal is to be as transparent as possible with the collective contributors. The board has been in discussion about the best way to share this information. Sharing exact contract numbers can be a distraction in the locker room which is not the goal. It can also lead to the potential of providing a competitive advantage to other university collectives if they know exactly what our players are getting and the contract breakdown. It's also not our goal to compete with victory Star. The goals is to find a way to support the players through NIL. Victory Star is also doing that, and until recently was going about it in a very different way.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Couldn't have said it better myself Justin.

Thank you to everyone who has already supported!

At the end of the day, we all want to support our student athletes the best we are able to, and to also retain those student athletes year in and year out.

As NIL Deals continue to grow, our student athletes will look for opportunities outside of Texas State if they are not available to them here.

We don't want that, and want the opportunities they have right here in San Marcos to be abundant for them.

We hope that as a collective we continue to grow, and be as transparent as possible.

Appreciate you all!

BiggThadd

My thoughts exactly. How can buy-in be achieved when this whole thing has been slapped together without the feedback of the stakeholders (aside from the hashtag). It’s a COLLECTIVE, Webster’s dictionary should illuminate why I put it in caps. The governing board, mission, publication of financial distributions, etc.. should’ve all been hashed out amongst the entirety of the potential collective community on the forum, TEAMs meetings, etc. the governing board should have also been solicited for and voted on. The whole thing is a log jam right now and I’m not chunking my money at something because someone on twitter boosts posts. I would rather go with Victory Star for now until this gets better.
We're sorry you feel that way, we are working on deciding what information is shareable and what's not. In the future when we do share more detailed information it will most likely be in the private forum for the collective contributors. It is not a competition being M&G and VS, both collectives are working for the athletes and we both offer something different.

I haven't seen one collective share contract breakdowns for their signed athletes because it would be a distraction to other teammates and other sports. To much information floating around could do more harm then good. The board is constantly work on way to share the details with the collective contributors and get their feedback on what they want to see in content, what athletes and other ideas to help grow so we can continue to support our athletes.

We appreciate those who have given and supported us allowing us to sign Ben and Tory. We look forward to growing and signing more athletes. All feedback is welcome but lets keep it respectful, the board is all voluntary, none of us are being compensated that way more can be given to the athletes.

if you haven't already follow us on twitter/x and instagram @golden_nil_

like, comment and share our post so we can grow