M&G Collective, LLC - Urgent NIL

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
So I'm curious how the TJ Portal news impacts the Maroon & Golden Collective, given he was the primary target.
The board hasn't convened yet. I'm sure we'll wait to see how everything flushes out.

We're ironing out the by-laws atm. Board member rules, voting guidelines/board meeting procedures, establishing how membership meetings will be scheduled and run, etc. I just received a draft the other day.

As it reads now, members will have the ability to elect future board members, and thus will have a say in how the money is allocated in the future.

We have to get some other ducks in a row first.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
Quick update:

We had a call with Don Coryell, Chris Kutz, and Kelsey Solis today. The call went well and they are excited for what we have going on. We're going to be working with them as closely as possible and they're helping us navigate things like benefits at the highest subscription level, autographed pictures/memorabilia from student athletes, and use of marks and logos.

We also had our first board meeting today. While we are still in the "soft launch" phase of the collective, we are quickly ramping up. Our goal is to get our first athletes signed within the next month. These are the names that have been tossed around most frequently, but we are very interested in who y'all think we should sign.

Mahdi, Hobert, Ben Bell, Spears, Kole Wilson, and Nash Jones.

Let us know who y'all want to see us sign.

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
Quick update:

We had a call with Don Coryell, Chris Kutz, and Kelsey Solis today. The call went well and they are excited for what we have going on. We're going to be working with them as closely as possible and they're helping us navigate things like benefits at the highest subscription level, autographed pictures/memorabilia from student athletes, and use of marks and logos.

We also had our first board meeting today. While we are still in the "soft launch" phase of the collective, we are quickly ramping up. Our goal is to get our first athletes signed within the next month. These are the names that have been tossed around most frequently, but we are very interested in who y'all think we should sign.

Mahdi, Hobert, Ben Bell, Spears, Kole Wilson, and Nash Jones.

Let us know who y'all want to see us sign.
I'm good with any of those players, but perhaps we target one of them that isn't for sure going to get NIL from elsewhere. I'm just assuming Mahdi is taken care of somewhere.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
I'm good with any of those players, but perhaps we target one of them that isn't for sure going to get NIL from elsewhere. I'm just assuming Mahdi is taken care of somewhere.
That's a valid point, but if all goes well, we will eventually branch out and target other athletes and perhaps even other sports.

One of the things emphasized today during the board meeting is that we probably should target a popular name or a few big names out of the gate in order to promote the collective as much as we can. The goal obviously being to capitalize on those first signing/s to generate some noise and to drive interest in the collective.

That can help us grow to a point where we will have the ability to sign more athletes later.

TomGIBill

M&G Collective Member
That's a valid point, but if all goes well, we will eventually branch out and target other athletes and perhaps even other sports.

One of the things emphasized today during the board meeting is that we probably should target a popular name or a few big names out of the gate in order to promote the collective as much as we can. The goal obviously being to capitalize on those first signing/s to generate some noise and to drive interest in the collective.

That can help us grow to a point where we can have the ability to sign more later.
I get that and Joe Dirt or Nash Jones could give us that boost. I just kinda assume from the NIL numbers posted previously that Mahdi was high 5 while the others were low 5. Hobert was just plain exciting this season and Nash is a beast coming back from that injury, plus the excitement of that TD in the bowl game.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
I get that and Joe Dirt or Nash Jones could give us that boost. I just kinda assume from the NIL numbers posted previously that Mahdi was high 5 while the others were low 5. Hobert was just plain exciting this season and Nash is a beast coming back from that injury, plus the excitement of that TD in the bowl game.
I think a Nash "game of thrones"-esque "The Bobcats are coming..." trading card might be kind of fun.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I vote both Joe and Nash with the requirement they do private chats and post in the public forum occasionally. They're smart and outgoing. Joe's dad would probably start posting here too. Would attract eyeballs and lead to more donors.

stallionjockey

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Yeah Hobert or Nash would be my targets. Both had some incredible highlights to be used in marketing, arguably 2 of the top 5 plays of the season (Joey’s catch at Baylor and Nash TD in the bowl game). Even a casual fan (do we have those?) would recognize those 2 plays IMO.

JustinS09

Administrator
Staff member
We're close to signing an athlete and looking for y'all's input on a hashtag that we'll use when announcing or taking about a Maroon and Golden athlete.

We're thinking #GoldenAthlete

What do y'all think?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
I wonder if
#MAGathlete
or
#MAGcollective

is too similar to a certain controversial-to-some presidential campaign slogan.

2centsworth

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I wonder if
#MAGathlete
or
#MAGcollective

is too similar to a certain controversial-to-some presidential campaign slogan.
Haha. That’s what I was reminded of when I saw Golden:)

how about #BobcatForumAthlete or#MGForumAthlete