Realignment Super Thread

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
So…. Here we go again?
If this were to happen, I would suspect the PAC 12 might raid the MWC. Perhaps Boise and San Diego State? I see SDSU just built a nice new stadium.

jj1180

So…. Here we go again?
If this were to happen, I would suspect the PAC 12 might raid the MWC. Perhaps Boise and San Diego State? I see SDSU just built a nice new stadium.
I always enjoy watching the conference movement after big moves like this. Alright new TXST president, let’s go! I would love a move to the MWC. Some might argue it’s a lateral move, but for the sake of travel alone I prefer Colorado over any Sun Belt location.

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
I always enjoy watching the conference movement after big moves like this. Alright new TXST president, let’s go! I would love a move to the MWC. Some might argue it’s a lateral move, but for the sake of travel alone I prefer Colorado over any Sun Belt location.
It’s all about viewership/market/ratings of which we have none to offer but opponents would be more compelling.

vp98

I received an alert about it from ESPN. Moving more towards the Super Conferences. I could see Boisie and SDSU backfilling the Pac 12. I'm sure Boisie will jump at the chance and SDSU is coming off of a great season with MWC championship and a bowl win over nUTSAck. SDSU = nice school, good program and well within the geographic footprint.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
If the B12 is smart, they'll snatch up UA, ASU, CU and Utah to solidify at 16.

Then the MWC and remaining P12 members can merge, kick 2 out (SJSU is obvious, but other would be tough) and be at 16 as well.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
I would think so, given they are only affiliate members for football. I had forgotten that until looking it up just now. Big West for everything else.

2022 Final Director's Cup Standings MWC:

67 Air Force
91 SDSU
< 92 Hawai'i >
96 New Mexico
106 CSU
113 Boise St
116 Utah St
125 Wyoming
153 SJSU
157 Fresno St
205 Nevada
253 UNLV

slycat

I think the Big XII would go hard for the Arizona schools. No way Oregon gets left in the dust though. Way too big of a national brand. At some point SEC and Big Ten add some combo of Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Cal, FSU, ND, and Clemson with maybe Duke, Kansas, UNC, and Miami and break away fully. Turds like Vandy, Rutgers, Ole Miss, Miss St, and such will get a free ride.

franslasttwinkie

If the B12 is smart, they'll snatch up UA, ASU, CU and Utah to solidify at 16.

Then the MWC and remaining P12 members can merge, kick 2 out (SJSU is obvious, but other would be tough) and be at 16 as well.
The Buffs back to the Big12 they left that is now in shambles? lol can't wait to see how their fanbase takes that. Guess it would have helped their case if they had won a lot more since they left the Big12 the first time. Wish geography worked for us to snatch up CSU and Utah St to get to 16 in the belt. Guess we can't afford to dilute revenue any further though.

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
This just induced labor for the split between the haves and have nots. Screw all the big programs. I’m just interested in what happens to us and like programs. Will G5 be marginalized to the point we are basically just FCS or still have an avenue to compete against (get paid to lose to) top tier programs?

vp98

This just induced labor for the split between the haves and have nots. Screw all the big programs. I’m just interested in what happens to us and like programs. Will G5 be marginalized to the point we are basically just FCS or still have an avenue to compete against (get paid to lose to) top tier programs?
As long as we are technically eligible for the good bowl games we are ok. I think that will be the final deciding factor otherwise we are/defacto FCS.

Goldievirtuoso

M&G Gift Contributor
Honestly, it already feels like that we (the G5) are just a step or two away from being the de facto FCS.
I’m hoping for the best for us as well, which is why I think the Sun Belt is the best option for TXST.

vp98

Its anybody's guess how this will eventually work out. Now it looks like MWC is turning into a dumpster fire or ceasing to exist altogether. I don't see any movement with the MAC. The AAC may be poised to become a P conference and maybe the SBC is also. Thankfully SBC management was able to make this conference stronger in the current realignment.

Last edited: