NonConf Games

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Yeah. Gatkek's gonna have to play the 5 for most of the rest of the game. We'll see how he handles it.

I feel like we're taking too many mid-range shots offensively, need to get to the rim. Or at least try to and see if we can get some kickout 3s.

36-35 Cats but Hawaii at the line coming out of this timeout.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Gatkek fouls out with 2:40 to go. 63-57 Hawaii. Gatkek had 7 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks. He's looking better each game.

We're uncharacteristically struggling to get stops right now. The foul trouble isn't helping. We're certainly not getting much help from the officials.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
Tough one. I liked the effort but couldn't stay out of foul trouble.
Final 72-65 Hawaii

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
Injuries finally caught up to us. Need to get healthy, but if/when we get healthy we should have a chance to be pretty good again this year.

Ended up shooting 45% from the field. As has been pointed out in this thread we've struggled shooting the ball basically all year now. I'm sure 45% is above our average but still not great. That's probably my biggest concern going forward.

But I'm still optimistic this team can gel and continue upon the success of the last two seasons. Like I said a few weeks ago I think this season was always gonna be a bit of a rebuilding year after losing Asberry and Small but we're still finding ways to win games despite shooting poorly and having multiple guys out. Rhode Island, Cal, and Southern Utah are all quality wins. We have 1 bad loss to UTSA but other than that no shame in losing to Washington State and Hawaii.

Harrell is gonna be a joy to watch all year long. Guy is a stud.
Need more out of Dawson. At least be a solid 3 and D guy, but 29% from 3 isn't good enough. Need more out of Drinnon too.
Davis has been good and should provide some much needed offense to help Harrell from having to carry the whole team offensively. He does seem a bit streaky and is the opposite of what we're used to at TXST. Usually we get guys that come in playing good defense and need to develop offensively, Davis seems the opposite. Sykes has contributed plenty already as a true freshman and should only get better.
Morgan has had multiple good games and multiple terrible games. Need to find a way to get him to play more consistently.
Frontcourt has been beat to hell and we're just kind of piecing things together there for now, but Love and Gatkek both look much better now than they did to start the season, so at least those guys are developing in front of our eyes and if we get Martin and Ceaser back we could actually have decent frontcourt depth.

Not sure I'm picking us to 3-peat but I think we can be in the mix in the top 3rd of the league again at least. It just might not always be pretty, we're gonna have to grind out games probably.

_x_

M&G Gift Contributor
I knew a loss would lure you out. Best thing about winning is we don't have to read what you post cause you disappear...

Washington State was 22-15 last year with a 54 NET ranking.
UTSA was 7-21 last year with a 324 NET ranking.

We understand. Every loss is a bad loss to you. Without any nuance whatsoever.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
M&G Collective Member
@carmanjello325 , I gotta be straight with you. I have already told Justin and Richard that I want you kicked from this site. Justin and Richard insisted on giving you another chance, but we're all growing sick of your relentless negativity.

There is a difference between rational frustrations with the Athletics Department and projecting your own real-life misery into your perception of EVERYTHING. That negativity can be just as contagious as optimism, and it discourages people from wanting to engage here.

You may not care if you get booted, but if you want to continue accessing this site, you need to chill out with the trash posting.

DevilDog7396$

M&G Gift Contributor
@carmanjello325 , I gotta be straight with you. I have already told Justin and Richard that I want you kicked from this site. Justin and Richard insisted on giving you another chance, but we're all growing sick of your relentless negativity.

There is a difference between rational frustrations with the Athletics Department and projecting your own real-life misery into your perception of EVERYTHING. That negativity can be just as contagious as optimism, and it discourages people from wanting to engage here.

You may not care if you get booted, but if you want to continue accessing this site, you need to chill out with the trash posting.
I must say, in my time on this board I have never experienced someone so negative about everything. I often wondered what his daily life was about . An individual like him would have never survived in any of my Marine units . I do not mind criticism , but this individual is all about criticism.

codestar

M&G Gift Contributor
I must say, in my time on this board I have never experienced someone so negative about everything. I often wondered what his daily life was about . An individual like him would have never survived in any of my Marine units . I do not mind criticism , but this individual is all about criticism.
Welcome to the forum. Don’t mind him. He is more afraid of success than success is afraid of us.