2023-24 Non Conference

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
He's not wrong, but that change at Houston also came with a change in the head coach.

Side note, but that backdrop is the best looking one I've ever seen us use. Hope that's what we use for all media availabilities going forward.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
16 turnovers. At halftime. Can’t handle their size, especially at guard. Missing a guy like Drinnon in this one to get any type of functionality on offense going

BobcatBuddy96

Just got home from the game. Yes, UH playing lockdown D, blocking shots and forcing a lot of turnovers by our Bobcats.
Also, we got in early foul trouble, and Bobcats didn't even get to the foul line until there was less than a min to go in 1st half.
Didn't see as many Bobcat fans tonight vs 2 years ago when we came to town. I was in sec 110, and friend and I paid $40 to park. What a bunch on crap.

I see you had better seats than section 106. Brutal that it took 39 min to break 25 points that’s for damn sure and the 7+ min without a bucket were a testament to TJ. I don’t care who you are playing you can still score 25 points/half.
When you have a roster of scrubs that wouldn’t start for a good JC team this is what you get. Peak TJ.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Closing out the OOC: 6-6

6 Wins
6-4 NAIA
6-5 D3
4-6 G5
5-7 G5
6-7 G5
6-5 G5

6 Losses
3 P5, 2 ranked
3-8 G5
6-7 G5
10-2 FCS

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Pros:
Beat Sam, UTSA, UTA. Had a lead against Texas second half.
Rebounding: Dominated the first two games. Took a little while to get back to it after Morgan went down. Think it’s going to be a plus. Out rebounded Houston.
Effort: Watching and these guys are playing hard. That matters.

Cons:
Injuries: Start the season with no Drinnon, Mason, Sykes, Benson. Second game of the year Morgan gets rolled up on and I’ll just assume it is a knee ligament and he’s done. We aren’t going to get any info until a guy actually plays.
Shooting: 30% from 3 (348th in made 3s/game). 64% from FT (346th in percentage ). There are 362 teams. That’s the bottom 4.5% of college basketball in both categories. Not good enough.
Turnovers: No Drinnon likely hurts this the most. Gumbs looks like he will be a good player but he shouldn’t be a 30 minute guy that he’s playing now. Just not many (any?) good passers on this team.

franslasttwinkie

We’ve lacked what we’ve always lacked. Guards that can penetrate deep into the paint and bigs that can post up and get put backs. To outsiders it just looks like a completely scared and shaky group of ball handlers that lose the ball or get a shot clock violation before being able to free up a halfway clean look.

Professorbum

Some of you guys did a great job bringing this newcomer up to speed on the history of the football program and the persistent challenges. What's the story with men's basketball? We've actually been decent in the past, right?