2024 Softball

geezer

Especially the way they are playing tonight.
Behind 5-2 in the top of the 5th. Playing very sloppy.
Lose 9-3. Pitiful!

Last edited:

geezer

Tough start today. After starting the game with 6 outs, the Eagles pounce on Jessica for 3 runs in the bottom of the 3rd, including a three run homer from their big hitting catcher--her 17th of the year. I think that's more than our total! :)

OK Vandy just hit a homer that makes her the all time HR hitter in TXST history. Number 40!

franslasttwinkie

Woodard’s underuse of McCann on the mound is criminal and it almost cost her early today.

If Woodard is the one giving batters signs to run when they shouldn’t or delayed steals and getting outs unforced at 2nd and 3rd it’s been absolutely terrible most of the season and it’s a huge liability that’s cost us some games. Most of our base runners are not fast and there seems to be some terrible communication from the coaches. Woodard has people run unforced to end innings with runners stranded and then holds runners in scoring position with 0 outs to 1 base with a hit to the outfield when our life depends on scoring runs to keep the game alive. I really don’t get her strategy at all.

We don’t pass any sort of eye test at all right now as it pertains to being able to play mid May softball well.

franslasttwinkie

I’d guess if we don’t want to play in Austin gotta go 3-0 in this tourney. Texas is much scarier than last year. They are back to that volleyball buzzsaw state that they usually are for us this year in softball. They’re so good they could beat us 9-2 five out of six times throwing their #3.

Funny thing is on their low traffic sight horn fans they are equally scared of us being their #2 seed

Last edited: