Realignment Super Thread

Bobcat2010

I’ll plant my flag on the TXST Football Vs. SHSU Football - hill.

UTSA was/is a strange collection of buildings to me.

Also, no one here knows Drake? I’m disappointed.

Bobcat2010

Here is the motivation for FCS schools to jump into an FBS conference, or in this case build an FBS conference, as soon as possible.

TxSt1992

And we wait another 10 years...
Are you talking about us? If so, this is about as good a setup as we can hope for. The west needs to pick up the pace, but otherwise the Sunbelt is arguably the biggest winner of the G5 conferences. Through this round anyway. The AAC was almost mortally wounded and its still not a given that six they took will make up for that loss. CUSA is obviously a huge mess and it will take a decade to fix. I'm really curious how Sam Houston will do there, whatever you may say about them not being ready for FBS, their on-the-field play is as solid as you can get in FCS. They won't be number 13 in the Dave Campbell's Texas College poll and may very well become bowl eligible in 2023 when they join CUSA.

I think there is going to be lot of turmoil in college sports in the coming decade.

SWTRefugee

M&G Gift Contributor
Are you talking about us? If so, this is about as good a setup as we can hope for. The west needs to pick up the pace, but otherwise the Sunbelt is arguably the biggest winner of the G5 conferences. Through this round anyway. The AAC was almost mortally wounded and its still not a given that six they took will make up for that loss. CUSA is obviously a huge mess and it will take a decade to fix. I'm really curious how Sam Houston will do there, whatever you may say about them not being ready for FBS, their on-the-field play is as solid as you can get in FCS. They won't be number 13 in the Dave Campbell's Texas College poll and may very well become bowl eligible in 2023 when they join CUSA.

I think there is going to be lot of turmoil in college sports in the coming decade.
Sam and Roadrunner making it to a bowl before us should be enough motivation for next president to prioritize football and put the student fees to better use.

LadyMango

I was remarking on realignment in general. I think its near over at the FBS level for now.

vp98

One oversees Academics, The other Athletics. They just have to work together. Where the hell does it say they have to be BFF’s. ? Over the years, I’m sure we’ve all worked with people we didn’t particularly care for, yet the work still got done.
The President oversees all operations in the university. In our school like most schools, the President appoints a Vice President of Academic Affairs who oversees academics and our Vice President of Student Affairs oversees athletics. The actual power structure varies from university to university but the President's Cabinet is under the president.

LTK5H

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Is Baylor better today than they were a month ago? Yeah. Are they legit good? Ehhh...remains to be seen, but I'll wait until they've played OU and OKST to concede that one.
Might have to upgrade my Baylor rating pretty soon here. They’ve been much more discipline and coaching than talented and I didn’t see that being able to beat OU, but here they are, dominating the Sooners, if not the scoredboard. Aranda has done a hell of a job.

stlwildcats

M&G Gift Contributor
M&G Collective Member
Seems that UTA to MVC is just a formality at this point
That would be a great landing spot for them. MVC Basketball has had better RPI than Sun Belt several years running and have a great program in Dallas Baptist for baseball. Hope they are yearly opponents in those sports.