Well we've finally done it.... we scheduled Liberty.

Bobcat17

M&G Collective Member
Going back through this thread is interesting. I don't think former coaches get credit for current rankings, but Taxi lives in an altered state of reality to begin with, so we'll have to see how it plays out.
We are almost there. To 2023 that is, not top 25.

franslasttwinkie

Would a public records request work on the status of the Liberty game? Maybe the university left it off the schedule by accident, never added it or actually removed it how would we ever really know with a limited news market?

SWTSC

Surely we got compensated for that Tulsa game right?
I believe typically home & home non conference G-5 game contracts are essentially each team covers its own expenses; home team keeps all the gate. So if there was a breakage fee regarding Tulsa for not traveling to San Marcos it likely could have been limited to TXST travel expenses to Tulsa.

Last edited:

Bobcat2013

M&G Collective Member
Not sure if this pdf will post but according to the "board materials" for our upcoming BoR meeting our game vs Liberty has been cancelled. They will be paying us 250k$ and SHSU will be paying us 500k$. So I guess this means SHSU is going to be on the schedule. Not sure how I feel about this. I never liked them being on the schedule but the thought of beating them was a fun one and I'd hate for us to further legitimize Sam but oh well. At least It'll be an easy trip. Also in there is the pending approval of our new endzone addition.

franslasttwinkie

Would a public records request work on the status of the Liberty game? Maybe the university left it off the schedule by accident, never added it or actually removed it how would we ever really know with a limited news market?
Guess it wasn’t coincidence leaving Liberty off of the university schedule after all, happy to be right about this. Will be fun to see our top HC candidates battle it out on the field, I guess

Bobcat1

Not sure if this pdf will post but according to the "board materials" for our upcoming BoR meeting our game vs Liberty has been cancelled. They will be paying us 250k$ and SHSU will be paying us 500k$. So I guess this means SHSU is going to be on the schedule. Not sure how I feel about this. I never liked them being on the schedule but the thought of beating them was a fun one and I'd hate for us to further legitimize Sam but oh well. At least It'll be an easy trip. Also in there is the pending approval of our new endzone addition.

Any time SHSU, SFA or UTSA are on the schedule, it’s a win for Bobcatland. Easy trips & renewing rivalries are always a plus.