Well we've finally done it.... we scheduled Liberty.

Brutus

M&G Collective Member
Yeeesh. In a previous life/job my agency did some business with them and they would accept anyone applying regardless of the major/dept bc they loved G.I. Bill $$$. I just can't believe their football success so far.

KatyStationed

M&G Gift Contributor
Some of you would change your tune if you knew we could walk into their stadium and win by 28. But we won’t. At least some of this ire is projection.

KatyStationed

M&G Gift Contributor
I’ll reiterate, if some of you knew that we could go to BFE, Virginia, or wherever this goofball university is from, bash this team’s brains in and get paid a million dollars to do it, you would be singing a different tune albeit perhaps only slightly.

Prove me wrong.

But they’re going to wear us out. So we all sing “ugh, I can’t believe we’re playing these monsters!” instead.

I dislike the scheduling of Liberty for many other reasons before we start to touch ethics.
But there are a ton of piece-o-shit schools out there. If they’re still allowed to suit up, their money is still green. But I get it; feigned moral high ground is a decent salve after a 28 point beat down at the hands of yet another “diploma mill” who is lapping us.

Not saying that expressing your dislike of Liberty makes you disingenuous, but I’ll watch this game if it’s on tv and I might even buy a ticket. If that means supporting Liberty, meh, oh well. I’m willing to bet most of you will too.

Just remember, multiple things can be true simultaneously:

Liberty appears to be run by jerks (and I’m a conservative, evangelical Christian).
It’s a “meh” game at best to schedule.
Their money is green.
We won’t beat them.
It wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t an inevitable loss.

Last edited:

jimbobway

M&G Collective Member
I’ll reiterate, if some of you knew that we could go to BFE, Virginia, or wherever this goofball university is from, bash this team’s brains in and get paid a million dollars to do it, you would be singing a different tune albeit perhaps only slightly.

Prove me wrong.

But they’re going to wear us out. So we all sing “ugh, I can’t believe we’re playing these monsters!” instead.

I dislike the scheduling of Liberty for many other reasons before we start to touch ethics.
But there are a ton of piece-o-shit schools out there. If they’re still allowed to suit up, their money is still green. But I get it; feigned moral high ground is a decent salve after a 28 point beat down at the hands of yet another “diploma mill” who is lapping us.

Not saying that expressing your dislike of Liberty makes you disingenuous, but I’ll watch this game if it’s on tv and I might even buy a ticket. If that means supporting Liberty, meh, oh well. I’m willing to bet most of you will too.

Just remember, multiple things can be true simultaneously:

Liberty appears to be run by jerks (and I’m a conservative, evangelical Christian).
It’s a “meh” game at best to schedule.
Their money is green.
We won’t beat them.
It wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t an inevitable loss.
your attitude about this seems more at home at a place like Liberty than here.

KatyStationed

M&G Gift Contributor
such as what?
As much as I like the payout, I think I would trade it for in-state exposure in a major recruiting/metro area. Now, how much that's really worth is up for debate, but we don't really get that in 2024.

The rest of the reasons are more selfish; I would love to attend a game in Houston again and am up for any away game to an area worth visiting with the family. I admittedly don't know much about Lynchburg, but it just seems to be in the middle of nowhere. It will be tough to sell a walking tour of the Battle of Lynchburg to a nine and four-year-old.

So not really an extensive list, but when you add it to the fact that I think they will take us to the woodshed, the game just gives me the "meh"s before we even get to the wackadoo nature of the school itself. I'd rather get paid to lose to Miami by 28 than Liberty by 17, but their money is green and I will most certainly be watching that game.

And that comes from a guy who has almost thrown his remote through his TV and sworn to never watch another Bobcat football game, what, four times this season?